Yard of the Month
The Holly Springs Tree Commission established the Yard of the Month (YOTM) Committee to promote goodwill and reward exemplary yards in the community. The purpose of the program is to recognize neighbors who demonstrate above-average efforts in maintaining their property, thereby contributing to the overall appearance of the community at large.
Since the YOTM Committee will mainly deal with “curb appeal,” nominations will be for front and side yards jointly, as well as the exterior of the house. The Committee will submit residential yard nominations to the Tree Commission during the first few days of each month. The winner of the Yard of the Month will be provided with a decorative yard sign for display indicating their winning yard, as well as a posting and photo in the Whistle Stop and City of Holly Springs social media pages.
- All residential properties within the city limits are automatically
- Award winners are selected based on the recommended judging criteria listed
- Key criteria include manicured yard, beautification, originality
- The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents themselves or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
- An award duration term lasts a single month, and runs from the 15th of each month to the 15th of the following month.
- The same property cannot receive more than one award in a 12-month calendar At least 12 months must elapse between awards for the same yard.
- Recipients will be recognized at a City Council meeting and will receive a $25 gift
- While an individual’s home is being recognized as a “Yard of the Month,” they are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title.
- Awards will be made from April through September.
The YOTM Committee welcomes residents to nominate yards they think are deserving of this award. Nominations can be made by emailing: email@example.com