Alcohol Beverage Licensing
All businesses within the city limits of Holly Springs that are interested in serving or selling any type of alcohol beverage (beer, wine, distilled beverages) are required to obtain an Alcohol Beverage License.
OCGA 3-2-7.1 required the Georgia Department of Revenue to implement a statewide centralized application process for alcohol licensing. This process ensures the initial application is sent simultaneously to the State and City. This is managed through the Georgia Tax Center portal, which can be accessed via this link: GEORGIA TAX CENTER. We suggest you review the FAQs and follow the directions for registering on the site. DOR ALCOHOL LICENSING FAQS.
For questions regarding Georgia Department of Revenue requirements, call 877-423-6711 or access the DOR website for the division of Alcohol and Tobacco https://dor.georgia.gov/alcohol-tobacco.
Alcohol Renewal season is from October through December of each year.
- Renew your license online at the Georgia Tax Center
- Renew before November 15th to avoid late fee penalties
- No renewal license shall be granted on an application filed after December 15th, but such application shall be treated as an initial application, and the applicant shall be required to comply with all rules and regulations for the granting of licenses as if no previous license had been issued
- Renew before December 1st to ensure you receive your license before January 1st of the following year
Since the State of Georgia regulations are not identical to the City of Holly Springs ordinance, City forms (linked below) are still required to be completed. The City of Holly Springs requires an alcohol license to be acquired by any person who wishes to sell or offer for sale any alcoholic beverage.
- Alcohol License Application
- Alcohol Work Permit Application and Renewal
- Liquor Pouring Tax Form
- Online Alcohol Training
- 2023 Renewal Application